Google Play Service Helping Guide For Beginners
Google’s vision for the optimal store experience on Android, connecting billions of users every day to the greatest digital experiences is Google Play by creating the best discovery and distribution platform.
Android continues to thrive as an innovative and open mobile platform built for everyone, with more than 2.5 billion global active devices (and growing). For Android users across the world, developers create amazing digital experiences. Google Play is where they meet.
We are in a unique position to develop and share resources that help drive developer success, because, as a platform that brings so many apps and games together.
What is google play services for AR?
Previously recognised as ARCore, Google Play Services for AR is the engine that powers most games and applications on Android which uses Augmented Reality (AR) effects. However, for each device, the framework has to be tuned. To support new phones and tablets, Google has to periodically update Play Services. Google Play Services for AR is still not compatible with many devices, but Google keeps adding more devices to their library but.
But, one of the main reasons could be that maybe your Google Play Services for AR app is not working, if your Google Play Services for AR had been working efficiently before and the problem is persisting now then.
How to add money / Payment Methods to google play?
To add a payment method to any eCommerce website or app, this option works similarly. Here’s how to do it on Google Play. From your Android device’s Home screen, open the Play Store app.
Navigate to the upper-left corner and tap the hamburger menu icon (represented by three horizontal lines), inside the app. On the left side of the screen, you will see a menu.
Select Payment methods from this menu. Next to it, it has a card icon. You will be asked to log in to your Google Play account by it. Choose the one that you prefer and tap Just once, if this action prompts you to select a browser.
Select Add credit or debit card. You will be allowed to enter the required card information by this option.
The card’s expiration date (MM/YY) is represented by the next field. Next, enter your CVC/CVV code. You can find this three-digit number on the back or the side on your card. Finally, enter your billing address. It includes your full name, country, and postal code. Next, tap Save.
How to remove a payment method from google play?
In Google Play, multiple payment methods are available. How to remove a Credit Card from Google Play is explained here. We also explained How to add or edit your Credit Card details that have been added as a payment method in your Google Play, in addition to that.
- On your device, go to the Google Play Store;
- Go to Menu. Tap Payment methods;
- Scroll down. Tap on More payment settings;
- You will then be redirected to your Google account. You will be asked to sign-in;
- Go to Payment Methods. Tap Remove on the card you want to remove;
- Tap Remove again. It’s done!
How to get a refund on google play?
From an app to a movie to music, depending on what you got, one or more of the approaches should help you get your money back if you’re not happy with your purchase. With some refunds coming in a single day, while others can take up to a month, Google Play refunds hit at different times depending on the payment method used. If you uninstall a paid app shortly after you paid for it, You may get an automatic refund, so if you quickly regret an app purchase, get rid of it ASAP.
- Using your Mac or PC, go to your account page on play.google.com/store/account.
- From the left-hand column, click “Account”.
- Then, at the top of the page, click “Order history”.
- Locate the item you want to be refunded. Click on it. Then select the “Request a refund” option.
- Fill out and submit the form that populates. Then you will have to wait (up to four days) as your refund is considered and, in most cases, granted.
For an app created by a third party developer, which most are, to request a refund if you are outside the usual 48-hour grace period, you will likely need to contact the app developer directly.
How to change google play account?
You can still add a Google Play account and change between accounts on many Google Play apps, regardless of your device. Here’s how to get it done.
You’ll have to first add those additional accounts to your device before you can switch between your Google accounts. Once you added the account,
- Open the Google Play app. From the top-left corner of the screen, tap the three lines in.
- At the top of the menu, you’ll see your name and email address. Tap the down arrow.
- Select the account you need to use.
You’ll also be able to do this via the Google Play website on your computer after you’ve added multiple accounts. From the top-right corner of the screen, just click on your profile picture. Then select your desired account.
How to downgrade google play services?
You can easily revert back to the old version without much hassle if you are not happy with the update to your favourite app. I will tell you how you can download and install an old version of Android apps, in this post.
Unfortunately, to easily revert back to an older version of the app, Google Play Store doesn’t offer any button. It only permits developers to host a single version of their app. So on the Google Play Store, only the most updated version can be found.
Google automatically ensures all the apps in your Android phone stay up-to-date, on top of this. So even if you didn’t like the update, you can expect your apps to be automatically updated to the latest version.
You must download or sideload it from another authentic source if you want to use an older version of an Android app.
- Let’s see how you can do it.
You need to uninstall the updated version to install an older version of the app. Unfortunately, all your app data will also be deleted with this action. So make sure your data is backed up in the cloud, before deleting.
From the cloud, most apps automatically backup and restore data. But to ensure your data gets backed up, you can also use Google’s backup service. Go to Settings >Accounts> Google. Here, make sure App Data sync is enabled.
Uninstall the app like you normally do, if your app data is backed up.
How to install google play store on Roku?
Unfortunately, using a Roku system, there is no way to download or access the Google Play store. If there ever will be an opportunity or most likely no, it’s difficult to say.
for a time, there were third-party channels that enabled it like Web Browser X and Poprism, but Roku doesn’t officially support Internet browsing. It is possible that other similar channels may appear, but they are currently unavailable. These two channels would allow you to access the Internet from a Roku device, while active, and use Google Search.
How to cancel a google play subscription?
Unless you unsubscribe, subscriptions on Google Play are automatically renewed. To cancel your Google Play subscription, here is a step by step guide which you can follow.
To cancel a Google Play subscription through the computer you need to follow the below-given steps and uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription:
- Step 1: First, go to play.google.com.
- Step 2: Then check whether you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Step 3: After that, from the left click “My subscriptions”.
- Step 4: Now choose the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Step 5: Then Click Manage and then Cancel Subscription.
You follow the below-given steps to cancel your subscription through the Play Store if you have subscribed via one of our Android mobile apps. Here are the steps.
How to cancel Google Play subscription through Android
- Step 1: On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Then check whether you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Step 3: Tap Menu and then tap Subscriptions.
- Step 4: Then you need to choose the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Step 5: After selecting the tap Cancel subscription, follow the instructions.
Your future subscription will be cancelled, if you have a subscription with an app and for any reason, if the app gets removed from Google Play. But your former subscriptions will not be refunded.
Where are google play books stored?
Play Books app stores the content in a specially protected bit of storage only accessible by the app, when you download a book using it. You will not be able to simply browse around and discover the book sitting on your device somewhere.
The ability to download them in a standard e-book format is offered by most books purchased through the Play Store do offer. But you’ll have to do that through the web site: https://play.google.com/books
On the menu button, you can then click on the desired title and (hopefully) find options to download it in a format that suits you:
Where are google play movies stored?
Purchases are stored in your Library. They can be downloaded to watch when you’re not connected. With Google TV or on Play Movies & TV where available, watch instantly on your laptop, Android phone or tablet, or on your TV
Select the download icon in the bottom right of the title’s feature photo, to download for offline viewing. Check if your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network. You may have the title downloaded to another device if you don’t see the download icon.
Only to one device, Google Play only allows a rented title to be downloaded(if you bought it, you can download it on five devices). Before continuing, make sure to remove a rented title from the other device.
How to uninstall google play services?
On all Android devices, Google Play Services is installed by default, it’s an app that is very closely linked to the Android system itself. Without upgrading to the latest version of Android, it allows your phone to benefit from the latest versions of apps. On the other side, it is also connected to SMS control, access information from Google applications.
If you don’t have too much technical knowledge, you can simply disable Google Play Services. To disable google play services, follow these steps.
- Method 1. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > Tap Disable > Tap OK to confirm.
- Method 2. please Go to Settings > Security > Device administrators > Disable Android Device Manager, if you find the Disable checkbox is greyed out.
How to watch google play movies on Xbox?
You can access movies or television shows via the YouTube app on your Xbox Series X if you have bought them on your Google Play account. Go to the Xbox store. Then download the app. scroll to the left and up to find the sign in, when you are in the app. On a phone or PC, click that and go to youtube.com/activate, then put in the nine-letter code.
Choose the account you bought the movie on, and your Xbox will automatically sign in to that account when put incorrectly. Go on the left menu bar again and highlight Library, when signed in. Select Purchases there and any movies and shows you have rented or bought will appear here.
Why is google play services using so much battery?
To some extent, Google Play Services’ battery drain is a misnomer, because it’s often caused by external apps and functions that use features like location, metrics, Wi-Fi and so on, which are handled by Services.
The good news is that you don’t need to install another app, to detect whether Google Play Services is draining your Android device’s battery.
- It’s as easy. Go to your device’s Settings and tap “Apps & notifications.”
- Next, tap “See all xx apps”. Then scroll down to “Google Play Services” and tap that. Tap “Advanced,” then to see what it says under “Battery”, take a look.
- Since the last full charge, what percentage of battery has been used? It’s too high if it’s using more than a few per cent of your battery (i.e. if it’s going into double figures) and you need to act to address the problem.
How to delete google play search history?
At any time, You can delete your Google Play history. It will free up space on your phone and remove all of your past searches. You’ll need to access the app’s settings menu and clear your local history, to delete your Google Play search history.
If you’re constantly searching for new apps, it’ll start to slow down your searches, the Google Play Store’s long memory can be annoying. If your phone isn’t brand new, that’s especially true.
- Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
- tap the profile icon at the top right.
- Tap Settings, then tap General and then Account and device preferences. Finally, Clear device search history.
What is google play services for instant apps?
An app that lets you try new games directly on Google Play is Google Play services for Instant Apps. In your smartphone, there is no need to install them. If you see a new button that reads ‘try now’ beside the traditional ‘Install’ button, you’ll know if Google Play services for Instant Apps is working correctly.
How to sign out of the google play store?
Generally, while using Android, there is no place found in Google Play Store to sign out. So, you can simply sign out from Google Play Store on your Android device, by using this method. By removing your existing account from Google Play, you can simply do it. Check these steps here:
- Open Settings on your Android Device. Navigate to Accounts & Sync. Now, Click the account you want to remove.
- You’ll see the details of Synchronization when you tap on your Google account. Here, to sign out of the Google Play store, you just need to click on the Remove account option.
How to transfer google play balance to another google account?
Even if you own both accounts, It’s not possible to share or transfer content between accounts on Google Play. Make sure you sign in to the account you want to use before you complete your purchase if you have multiple accounts on your device.
Contact the app developer, if you’ve bought an app on the wrong account. They may be able to refund your purchase. Then you can buy it again on the account you wanted to use.
How to stop google play services from updating?
As a general rule, in order to improve their performance on your tablet or smartphone, apps you’ve installed from Google Play will download updates automatically (called auto-update apps).
- Open the Google Play Store app. The. tap on the 3-bar menu icon on the top left. Now scroll down and choose Settings.
- Select Auto-update apps, in the Play Store settings.
- You’ll see three options (which can be changed at any time): Auto-update apps over any network (using your data), Do not auto-update apps and Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
- Choose the bottom one. Note that this means, in the future, you will always need to manually update all apps. Select Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only, if you still want apps to update automatically, just not on your data connection.